Thursday, March 12, 2009

cinquain outtakes

back first
the boy shouted
redfaced gasping and pleased
didn't say how he'd tripped his bro
just wheezed

*

of sight
I'll only say
it's a thing all of light
of how it lights upon your eyes
just right

*

which eggs
do you revile?
I don't much like ostrich
and I always find crocodile
too rich

*

of you
it's sometimes said
that your breath is dreadful
and that insects slowly circle
your head

*

wanted:
one parachute
to avoid being hurt
failing that I'll just have to spread
my skirt

*

just watch
while I eat fire
and juggle three ocelots
while reciting Pope and hanging on
a rope

*

Wii Sports
and then Wii Sex
but in my snicket
if it don't make you sweat it's not
cricket

*

asket
not hand bask et
hell basket handle ooh
but sketband what basket for it
can you

*

the fete
was a washout
it rained over the cakes
dancing girls slipped over and made
mistakes

*

glisten
go on glisten
get yourself all lustred
smear on some shiny stuff, perhaps
custard

*

I flush
the dead goldfish
she smites a kettle drum
the kids watch the funeral rites
struck dumb

*

trail her
until she drops
my trailer trash woman
done run off with the kids and burned
the crops

*

his part
was a small one
even for the chorus
at least he didn't get time to
bore us

*

sophists

like to quibble
and argue the detail
how a slug with a shell is not
a snail

*

then Icke
in turquoise sheen
addressed his acolytes
warned them of that evil lizard
the Queen

*

the Snore
what they call him
for the rumbling guffaw
that issues from his hoglike rump
and maw

*

quite mad
is what you are
Mister Jay Harpuhay
for eating that Cadillac car
that way

*

waving
a fat white goose
he ran beside the train
in his stripy blue pyjamas
snoring

*

frozen
in for winter
Roald and his comrades
rather sadly began to eat
the dogs

*

bring boos
the cabaret is bad
the food is just awful
and the verse is barely
lawful

*

I am
that which I am
the moving force then spake
it's a shame, cried a boy, you're not
a cake

flaky
wilderness cake
make from milk and manna
then place under a burning bush
to bake
.
.

No comments: